Monday 28 October 2013

Monday Musings: Week 11

Welcome back to Monday Musings.  I took a bit of a break as October got a little busy with Thanksgiving and then a road trip to Cape Breton for a friend's wedding at beautiful Cabot Links. We loved our time at the Links and hope that we can get back there next summer.  The rooms were lovely and clean and the food was outstanding.

While in Inverness we enjoyed the Dancing Goat Café for a gorgeous breakfast and take-away treats.  We also dined in the Cabot Bar and at Panorama (both at Cabot Links) for the wedding feast.  My husband's mind was blown by their Duck Poutine and I finally landed in heaven via this delectable chocolate cake!
Contrary to what you may assume from reading the above, we did take a few breaks from eating. As it is pretty much a crime not to hike the Cabot Trail if you are in Cape Breton in the fall, we made sure to fit two trails into our schedule.  Below are a few snapshots from the two trails we did - Franey and Skyline.





Below are my musings from the week, happy reading!

ViralNova - 18 Paintings You Won't Believe Aren't Photographs

I am truly amazed by anyone with artistic talent.  These are all beautiful, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Stonemuse - Make Your Own Calendar

I do not speak Danish, but I can figure out how to follow a link if it leads me to beautiful paper products, especially ones that can be customized and are organizational tools!  I wasted so much time and had so much fun on this website.  So tempted to order one, will have to see if they ship to Canada!

Jamie Magazine - Quiche Leekraine

My husband is starting a new job soon, which means we will finally be on a similar schedule! Hello sleep and normal meals!  We have begun planning out our meals and are trying to add in a few choices we wouldn't normally eat, so we are giving quiche a whirl tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment