Friday 23 March 2012

Ottawa, here I come!

I am writing this post from the Halifax airport on my touchpad after a whirlwind couple of days.  I found out that I have to go to Ottawa for work to be a Group Leader at the Forum for Young Canadians on Wednesday afternoon and have been scrambling to get ready since then.  I am so excited for this week, I will get to meet many high-achieving high school students and other public servants for a week of learning and adventure in our nation's capital.  What this means is that I will likely be off the radar until I return, but it also means that I will not be able to participate in my first 5k as I had planned this weekend.  I have found out that they will be holding nightly runs, so at least I will still be able to run in some way over the next week.  From what I have heard from previous participants, I will not have time for much of anything else, and I will leave the forum incapacitated from fatigue, however, they also said that it is an extremely rewarding experience.

With that, I will sign off, touchpads were not meant for long-winded blog entries.  Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment