Monday 26 August 2013

Monday Musings: Week 4

Shockingly, no chocolate reference or recipes this week.  Here are three must-see links for your reading pleasure...

Pancakes & French Fries - On Netflix

I love period dramas, so when I came across this post I was super excited.  I have been an avid Downton Abbey fan and studied historical fiction throughout my undergraduate and graduate degrees and have read my fair share of both good and bad historical fiction (for any francophiles out there, I highly recommend the Josephine B. Trilogy by Sandra Gulland).  I am particularly intrigued by Arn: The Knight Templar - the leading character looks an awful lot like Jax from Sons of Anarachy!  That is reason enough for me!

My Life With IBS - Embarrassed by IBS

This post was wonderful in its honesty and really reminded me of some of the main reasons I wanted to start this blog.  Recently Running from the Runs has consisted of a mixture of both IBS and non-IBS topics, but the intent remains the same, to get people talking about this condition and to provide a place for sufferers and non-sufferers to create a dialogue about something that impacts far more people than we all realize.  I love how she shares how her blog came to be:  "What if I just blogged about what's happening to me? What if I wrote everything I know about IBS in one spot so someone newly diagnosed with IBS has somewhere to start, someone who's on their side, and someone who knows what it feels like to have a broken body?" Reading her post was almost like reading my own thoughts - everything she said about having IBS - from being embarrassed, to that point where you no longer have the energy to hide it, from her desire to eat pizza, to her frustration with the condition and finally her desire to help people and make it easier for the next person who needs resources and who needs to feel that they are not alone.  

Popsugar Fitness - Whittle Your Waist and Tone Your Abs with Hoopnotica

For those of you who know me - you will probably laugh a little at this link.  I have a hula-hoop.  In my basement.  It is fuschia and blue.  Sometimes I hula-hoop when I watch TV - I really like multi-tasking.  I took a class once and loved it.  I have knocked many things over with my hula-hoop. My brother used the hula-hoop before that as a funnel.  I was really angry at the time; I arrived just as he cut it in half.  Luckily it was only the dollar store variety and not my current heavy-duty variety.  If you have not explored the wonders of this round piece of joy, you are missing out. It is hard work, but well worth it and far more interesting than crunches, weight training or the elliptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment